Municipal Court

Municipal Court

The New Florence Municipal Court is a division of the 12th Judicial Circuit Court of the State of Missouri. The jurisdiction of the Municipal Court extends to all cases involving alleged violations of the Municipal Code or other ordinances of the city.

Court Schedule

Court is held on the third (3rd) Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m., except holidays.

About Responding to Your Ticket

You MUST respond to your ticket by the court date shown on the citation by either pleading guilty and paying the fine or by appearing in court on the date specified and pleading not guilty. Failure to respond as required may also result in suspension of your driver's license and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

Options to plead guilty and to pay your fine:

To plead not guilty:

*If you do not have your copy of the ticket and don't know the ticket number, search by litigant name.


Jennifer Ball
Court Clerk

217 South Main Street
PO Box 70
New Florence, MO 63363

Phone: (573) 835-2186
Fax: (573) 835-2104

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Court Staff


Where is the Municipal Court located?

The Municipal Court is located at 217 South Main Street, New Florence, MO 63363, to the right of City Hall.

Is there a drop box for payments?

Yes. There is one located outside next the to door to the Municipal Court and another inside City Hall on the wall to the right as soon as you walk in. Please clearly mark on the outside of the envelope that it is for the Municipal Court.

What if I need to change the date of my arraignment or trial?

If you need to change the date of your arraignment, you may contact the office of the Municipal Court at (573) 835-2186. It is within the Court's discretion to grant delays or continuances from the Court date on most cases. Before granting a continuance, the Court may require written proof of your excuse. Continuances will not be granted the day of court.

Is there a way to pay for a ticket without appearing in Court?

Some tickets may be paid without appearing in Court. You must, however, plead and pay the ticket before your court date. 

If the ticket is not paid before your court date and you do not appear in court, a warrant for your arrest may be issued.

If you miss your first court date, you will be ineligible for plead and pay.

What if I do not appear in Court on the date set for my arraignment or trial?

A warrant may be issued for your arrest.

Does the Municipal Court accept online payments?

Yes, but not all tickets are payable online. To pay online, please visit:

Do I have the right to be represented by an attorney?

Yes. You have the right to be represented by an attorney and may hire one at any time. When you first appear in court, you can ask to postpone the hearing one time so you can hire an attorney. However, you are not required to have an attorney represent you. You may represent yourself.

Frequently Asked Questions about Plead and Pay